Wednesday, August 4th, 2010...8:40 am
The latest from FLP Tees: “Seeing Dots,” plus jewelry from my favorite indie designers, available now
The latest Fashion Loves People ♥ Kirk design, Seeing Dots, is now available in our online store!
And possibly even more exciting is that for the launch, I’m lucky enough to be collaborating with four of my favorite jewelry designers in the world: Alyson Fox, Manimal, Early Jewelry and Adoura Demode. Limited-editions and pre-releases of their pieces are for sale in our store.
For now, I’m going to let you read the press release for more info. (Which I wrote of course, though I do my darnedest to make it sound like I didn’t!) I’ll be hitting you with plenty more details, and even a few events, soon enough.
Fashion Loves People ♥ Kirk partners with indie jewelry designers to launch newest design
This morning, Wednesday, Aug. 4, Fashion Loves People ♥ Kirk introduced its newest design: Seeing Dots.
In collaboration, four indie jewelry designers — Alyson Fox, Manimal, Early Jewelry and Adoura Demode — have contributed limited-editions of their work, which are for sale in the Fashion Loves People online store.
Alyson Fox is exclusively pre-releasing four necklaces from her fall additions to her A Small Collection, each an evolution of the forms and innovative use of materials her designs are known for. One of each style is available. http://asmallcollection.com/
Manimal designer Kristen Lombardi is exclusively pre-releasing two styles from her fall collection, titled Alaskan Winter, made of suede and other leathers and inspired by Inuit imagery. Beautiful new shapes and color palettes expand the brand’s down-to-earth repertoire. Three of each style are available. http://www.save-the-manimals.com/
Early Jewelry designer Kylie Grater custom-designed a variation of her classic horseshoe necklace to mimic the lines of the skirt in the Seeing Dots illustration, in black oxidized metal with a dangling quartz, as well as spotted guinea-feather earrings with custom round ear wires. Each design features 100% recycled sterling silver. Two of each style are available. http://www.earlyjewelry.com/
Adoura Demode designer Danielle Teller contributed her rosary necklace, made of new and reclaimed materials. A hint of familiarity and irreverence on a beautifully detailed chain. Three are available. http://adoura.com/
FLP’s design Seeing Dots design is a 1972 fashion illustration by J. Kirk Davis, originally inspired by Norman Norell evening gowns. The sophistication of the drawing is juxtaposed on grey heather jersey, available as a racerback tank or a v-neck tee. Polka dots in the subject’s skirt are accented in white.
The shirts are ethically produced in Dominican Republic in line with the Fair Labor Association’s Workplace Code of Conduct, and certified by Worldwide Responsible Apparel Production (WRAP). The fabric contents are 38% cotton (6.25% organic), 50% polyester (6.25% recycled) and 12% naturally occurring rayon. All previously released shirts are 100% organic cotton.
Each shirt purchased from the Fashion Loves People online store comes with a 5″x7″ print of the shirt’s illustration, signed and editioned out of 50 by Davis, printed on 100% recycled paper.
• All shirts in the FLP♥K line are printed with vintage fashion illustrations by J. Kirk Davis, circa 1960s-1970s.
• 5% of proceeds benefit the Not For Sale Campaign, fighting human trafficking in the U.S. and abroad.
• Shirts are tagless, printed inside the back collar with a “Fashion Loves People (loves) Kirk” insignia.
• Shirts are printed in the U.S. with water-based eco-friendly inks.
• Shirts ship in recycled chipboard envelopes hand-stamped with the FLP logo.
• In retail locations, new hangtags are made of scrap birch veneer, paper-thin slices of wood that are an excess of the Colorado furniture industry. They are letterpressed by hand in San Francisco by IN HAUS Press. http://www.inhauspress.com/
• Fashion Loves People is an ethical fashion blog first (http://fashionlovespeople.com, founded by Janette Crawford in 2007) and an archetypical ethical apparel line second.
• Fashion Loves People ♥ Kirk was launched in 2009 by Davis and Crawford.
Fashion Loves People ♥ Kirk will soon release details on several upcoming events in the San Francisco area.
All apparel graphics created in partnership with Heather Hale, http://twineandtwig.blogspot.com. Online store photography by Darius Monsef, founder of http://www.colourlovers.com. Modeled by Laura Ellner, editor of http://www.ontheracks.com.
For wholesale or general brand inquiries, contact Janette Crawford at janette(at)fashionlovespeople.com.