Monday, November 1st, 2010...1:02 pm
Top Fashion & Beauty brands from Newsweek’s Green Rankings 2010
We love our indie brands, but oftentimes shopping at chains can be unavoidable. Last month Newsweek released its Green Rankings 2010, ranking hundreds of the world’s most environmentally sound companies, and I went through and grabbed just the Fashion & Beauty companies from their Top 500 US Companies list — so that when we do find ourselves at the mall, we don’t have to check our conscientious-shopping-selves at the door.
Note that these rankings are based solely on environmental factors, not social – though a lot of environmentally responsible brands tend to get the social side right as well.
As ranked according to the Top 500 list:
52. Avon Products
53. Estee Lauder (incl. Aveda, Origins, Clinique, M-A-C, Bobbi Brown, Bumble & bumble)
63. J.C. Penney
91. Hanesbrands (incl. Champion, Playtex, Wonderbra)
100. Limited Brands (incl. Victoria’s Secret, Bath & Body Works, Henri Bendel)
120. TJX (incl. T.J. Maxx, Marshalls)
232. Abercrombie & Fitch
245. Polo Ralph Lauren
316. Urban Outfitters
412. VF Corp (incl. Lee Jeans, VANS, Wrangler, Nautica, Jansport, The Northface, Reef, 7 For All Mankind)